Commercial Litigation and Commercial Disputes
We work with a number of companies, helping to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Where this isn’t possible, we will persistently protect our client’s rights in litigation.
Our Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Services include:
- Managing relationships with third parties – this includes suppliers, customers, advisers, and agents
- Managing relationships between shareholders, directors, and employees – this includes breach on confidence, breach of duty and covenant issues
- Protecting financial position – this includes banking arrangements, securities, guarantees and financial agreements
Our Commercial Dispute Solicitors regularly work with individuals, professionals, senior executives, and businesses of all sizes to manage their affairs and resolve any disputes quickly and cost effectively. We will take the time to understand your business and its goals, followed by ongoing assessments of risk areas and providing suggestions of how to avoid disputes.
The ideal scenario is for us to be involved as early as possible and resolve an issue before it escalates. If things do progress to litigation, then your legal costs will increase significantly and so with our early involvement, we will support you throughout the process and try to keep costs to a minimum.
We can deal with all types of Commercial Disputes, including:
- Contractual disputes
- Breach of directors’ duties
- Shareholder and Partnership disputes
- Civil fraud claims, freezing orders, asset recovery
- Defamation and Privacy Law
- Professional Indemnity/Professional Negligence
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial Debt Collection
- Construction Disputes
- Financial Services Disputes
- Insurance Disputes
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
We provide our clients with clear advice on all aspects of a Commercial Dispute. We always begin with an assessment of the situation that is carried out quickly in order to understand your legal position. We will then discuss the various options to resolve the issue and achieve a positive outcome.
The next step will be to inform the other party of your position and send a letter of claim which details your position, along with the steps that will be taken if an amicable conclusion cannot be achieved. In many cases, this is all that is required to achieve an early resolution.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
There are a number of methods to resolve a dispute without litigation. These can include negotiation, arbitration, and commercial mediators. These methods can be faster and far less costly than taking matters to court. They also ensure that the details of a dispute are kept private.
We will always seek to achieve an amicable solution without going to court, but sometimes this does not happen. Rest assured though, if court proceedings become necessary, we use our extensive skills to fight for our clients’ positions.
Our litigation lawyers have excellent court experience and have represented clients all the way to the Supreme Court when necessary.